This article covers all the bases when it comes to the Ca Direct Entry Program. Direct Entry Route is a route that allows students to enter the Chartered Accountancy program without taking the CA Foundation entrance exam.
Since the 1st of August 2012, ICAI has adopted the CA Direct Entry Scheme, which allows students to enroll straight in the CA Intermediate Course.
ICAI CA Direct Entry Scheme – Eligibility
The following applicants are eligible to apply via the CA Direct Entry Scheme Route:
1. The minimum grade for commerce graduates/postgraduates was 55%, whereas the minimal mark for other graduates/postgraduates was 60 %.
2. Candidates have passed the Institute of Companies Secretaries of India (ICSI) or the Indian Institute of Cost Accountants (IIC) Intermediate level examinations.
Criteria For Provisional Registration for the Final Year Students –
Final-year graduates can provisionally register for the Intermediate course and begin articleship training after providing sufficient documentation of passing the graduation test with the above-specified grades. They can start articleship training immediately after registering.
Within six months of appearing in the last year of graduation test and completing ICITSS, the proof must be presented (Orientation course and Information Technology).
It's been made clear that ICITSS can be taken and completed during provisional registration. As long as the student fails to provide proof within that time frame, their registration and any additional costs will be revoked with no refunds or credits provided for theoretical information received within their provisional registration period.
Students may learn more about becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) by clicking on the provided link.
Criteria for Intermediate Passed Students of ICSI/ICWA:
Candidates who have cleared the Intermediate level of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India [ICSI] or the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India [ICWA] can enroll directly for the Intermediate level of the CA Institute of India.
- There would be no differences in the registration process for such students compared to those taking the standard path.
- For the ICAI CA Intermediate Exams, students must complete an eight-month study period after registering.
- CA Intermediate must be taken and passed in either one or both categories.
- After clearing either one or both groups of the CA Intermediate exam, students can enroll in the three-year articleship training scheme.
- Take the CA Final exam after qualifying in both CA Intermediate groups.
- Four weeks of AICITS training must be completed while the last two years of practical training are being completed, but before the Final Examination may be taken.
- During the last six months of their articleship training, they can sit for the CA Final Examination.
- Complete Articleship Training.
- Achieve qualification in both CA Finals groups.
- Become a member of ICAI [The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India].
Graduates and post-graduates should follow the following procedure:
- The CA Direct Entry Scheme Route is open to commerce stream graduates and post-graduates who have obtained a minimum of 55 percent marks or other graduates who have received a minimum of 60 percent.
- The CA Direct Entry Route is open to commerce stream graduates and post-graduates who have obtained a minimum of 55 percent marks or other graduates who have received a minimum of 60 percent.
- Before starting Practical Training[articleship], you must successfully finish the ICITSS (Orientation Program and Information Technology) course.
- Prepare yourself by signing up for a three-year apprenticeship program.
To qualify for the Intermediate CA Examination, you must pass a nine-month practical training program:
- Pass the Intermediate course with excellence in both groups.
- After qualifying in both Intermediate Groups, register for the CA Final.
- Complete ICITSS [Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills] for four weeks during the final two years of practical training before participating in the Final Examination.
- Complete your practical training with flying colors.
- Both teams in the CA Final must be qualified.
- Join as a Member of ICAI.
CA Intermediate Direct Entry Scheme Route Students Registration Fee –
To register for the CA Course, candidates must register for both Intermediate Groups if they choose the CA Direct Entry Scheme Route. Take a look at the table below —
|Registration Options / Various Charges||Both Groups (INR)||Both Groups (US$)|
|Student Activities Fee||2,000|
|Registration fee as an articled assistant||1,000|
Students who choose the CA Direct Entry Route must pay an additional Rs 200/- (about $20) on top of that.
Fees for CA Direct Entry Practical Training:
To be eligible to appear for the CA finals, candidates must first enroll for practical training. The ICITSS is four weeks long, while the articleship is three years long.
|Integrated course information technology||Rs 6500||
|Soft skills||Rs 7000||Rs 7500|
|Articleship for 3 years||Rs 2000|
Students interested in learning more about the CA Intermediate Fee structure can visit the provided website for further information.
Fees for a Final-Level Student:
Below are the fees for both groups to register for the Ca Direct Entry Exam. For Both groups, the registration fee is Rs 22000.
Time Duration for CA Direct Entry Program For Graduates:
- Direct entry scheme candidates have almost a year to prepare for the exam after registering.
- In February or September, students who have registered for the CA direct entry scheme must prepare for an eight-month study period.
- Before the exams, candidates must complete the four-week ICITSS program and the nine-month articleship training.
- The first and both groups' tests must be taken after an 8-month study period for candidates who register after graduation.
- For a month, they'll need to go through ICITSS instruction.
- Students can then move on to practical training after clearing both groups.
Students interested in learning how long it takes to obtain a CA can do so by viewing the CA Course Duration in its complete.
According to the information provided above, ICAI has adopted a Ca direct entry route for applicants who choose to pursue a CA degree via this route as of 1st August 2012 and has laid out a comprehensive process for all students in this category to become Chartered Accountants.
This post was written hoping that you would find it helpful, so please check back often for more.
CA Intermediate Syllabus may be downloaded here!