Having a big dream and being prepared to do more than the required hard work, is how you can achieve that big dream of yours. Being a Chartered Accountant is just like that; sounds fancy and lavish but needs a lot of dedication, concentration, focus, and hard work. You need to let go of everything for a few months but then yeah, once you have that prefix CA with your name; it makes up for all the things you've sacrificed.
Preparing for CA inter is not an easy task, many students are not able to crack the exams in their first or even second or third attempt too. Because of its unpredictability. You can never guess what will appear in the question paper. So missing out on any chapter or skipping it can cause you another year of all the sacrifices and hard work. Keeping you away from your dream for another year, so rather start with the difficult ones and then go to the easier ones.
You can also use the past years’ mock test papers for ca inter, they are really helpful. They don't exactly tell you what questions will appear in the exam. These are imaginary test papers prepared especially for the practice purpose, marks are not counted in it but you grow a habit of completing all the complicated questions within a time frame. You'll have an idea about the pattern, the way answers should be written. Just do not believe that questions from mock test papers icai will appear in the exam too, they don't. In case you see any similar question; that's just a coincidence.
How helpful are past years mock test papers:
- Because of lots of practice, you become confident about the presentation.
- They come from an authentic source.
- It's an added advantage with all the practice manuals, ICAI modules, or RTPs.
- They ensure that your practice is time-bound and you get to handle a mixed bag of questions within a time constraint, as you would in the actual exam.
Why mock test papers are important :
Competitive exams like CA can be very intimidating, but if you use smart strategies, the process can be easier. Giving mock test papers is an important process in the preparation of CA inter. Mock tests are considered practice exams before you appear for the final one. You only become confident in yourself and it improves the chances of better performance.
- It helps you in developing the right strategy or the one which is suitable for you. Rather than learning concepts and formulas, preparing a strategy for yourself is a better idea. These mock test papers are like benchmarking tools that measure your preparedness and highlight your weaknesses.
- It also helps you in learning new ways and techniques to tackle a problem. The motive of practicing with mock test papers is that you can learn some advanced techniques. Mock tests should be treated as the actual tests. If the student is serious while sitting for the mock test, they will perform well in the actual exam as well.
- A better understanding of time management. Time management is one important trick for cracking these exams. It is quite difficult to attempt all the questions in the given time. Therefore solving more and more mock test papers will speed you up.
- It helps you in practicing and preparing you for the final showdown. They say that with proper practice and conceptual understanding, problems could be solved faster. And to know if their concepts are clear or not, or they are well prepared or not, mock tests are important.
- Post-examination analysis becomes easier. After each test, the student should sit and analyze their mistakes. You should go through each section carefully. Try attempting the questions in different ways.
Also Check:- How to prepare for CA Inter EIS-SM
How to enroll yourself for ICAI mock test papers :
- Log in as a student on the concerned regional website of ICAI.
- Click on the mock test link and check the box for the subjects you wish to appear.
- Make payments after entering the specific details.
- Take a printout of the receipt that is sent to you by icai - chapter through the mail for the subject you want to appear.
- Appear in the mock test.
Few tips and trick which will help you in mock test papers as well as the final exam :
- Relieve stress. Getting stressed before the exam is a usual thing and it affects your performance. Do not think about the results or whether you'll be able to complete it in time or not. These papers are for your preparations.
- Study regularly. Make it a habit, most of the smart pants think I can complete the course 2 or three months before the exam; which is logically very difficult and stressful. Start preparing from the day you decide to be a CA.
- Prepare a schedule. Time management is key. You eat properly, sleep properly and study properly; there won't be any obstacle between you and your flying colors.
Follow all these tips and do not panic. Practice as much as you can with the mock test papers and you will excel in your CA inter exam.
Good luck to all the future CAs!