Chartered Accountants have to go through three prime levels to clear the entire Chartered Accountancy course. Now that you have cleared the first level i.e. the CA Foundation, it is time for you to buckle up for the next important level in this course. CA Intermediate is the next crucial level in this field that won’t be easy for you to clear if you don’t prepare well or take it lightly. Grasp all the necessary information before starting with the actual preparation with the CA InterTest Series as you can afford to make any unwanted mistakes.
Introduction of the New Pattern
- The second level is the CA Intermediate that comes after the first level called the CA Foundation. It has now replaced the IPC and is applied into effect from 2017. There are a few changes made in the syllabus as one new subject is introduced at the CA Intermediate level and two subjects are separated.
- However, with the introduction of a new subject, there will be eight papers according to the revised syllabus. These eight papers are divided into two groups each involving four subjects. Not only this, but ICAI has introduced some changes in the exam pattern of CA examinations as well from 2019.
- Now, the papers in CA Intermediate level will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), so you have to prepare for the exams according to the new pattern. Make sure to go through it all properly before starting with the studying.
- With the dedication of the experts at the CA Test Series, you will clear the CA Intermediate level with flying colors and also acquire the desired rank. Just remember to not completely depend on the professional’s assistance and do self-study as well as nothing can ever top it.
Check out the CA Intermediate Syllabus
All the subjects included in the CA Intermediate Course are listed here. The subjects of this course are classified into two groups that an aspiring individual should study and appear in the exam group-wise or both the groups together. It totally depends on their preference and the level of preparation for this course.
CA Intermediate Group I Syllabus
This section has four papers and all the topics covered are mentioned below.
Paper 1: Accounting
Paper 2: Corporate Laws & Other Laws:
- Part I: Company Law
- Part II: Other Laws
Paper 3: Cost and Management Accounting
- Section A: Income-tax Law
- Section B: Indirect Taxes
CA Intermediate Group II Syllabus
This section too has four papers as well.
Paper 5: Advanced Accounting
Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance
Paper 7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management
- Section A: Enterprise Information Systems
- Section B: Strategic Management
Paper 8: Financial Management & Economics for Finance
- Section A: Financial Management
- Section B: Economics for Finance
It is advised to make subjects-wise plan and timetable. This way, it will be easy for you to cover all the necessary topics and know all the high weightage topics to cover first. Don’t forget to find the perfect and reliable Online Test Series For CA as there are numerous series available online and it can be a little overwhelming to pick a perfect one for you.
Prepare For Important Topics & Questions First
- Undoubtedly, everything is important and you are suggested to cover the complete course while preparing for the CA Intermediate level. However, there are still a few important topics and questions in each subject that are scoring and less time-consuming compared to other questions. This is why you should make a subject-wise strategy for each subject and prepare for it accordingly.
- The most crucial aspect of pursuing CA is the dedication and love for this subject. If you have the right amount of passion to do well in your respective field, it becomes your identity. So, give your 100% while preparing for this subject and become what you are dreaming to be in life. As the CA inter exams require absolute conceptual clarity, it is advised to go through each and every topic as many times as you can.
However, it doesn’t mean you only focus on the topics that you have topped and forget to deal with other topics in which you’re facing some issues. The motive of solving revision papers and mock tests is to know your strengths and weaknesses and work on them properly without wasting your time and energy.
Complete the Vast Syllabus Timely
- If you want to score a good rank and not just clear the CA Intermediate level, you will have to make time to study and not leave anything for the last day. The syllabus of CA is very vast and it is only half the textbooks, which is why you need to take help from the ICAI study material and make some self-notes for much better clarity of the concepts.
- Solve the important CA Inter Mock Test Papers and enhance your knowledge and concepts understood while preparing for this level. It will also help you in finding the dos and don’ts during your actual CA Intermediate examinations that means your chances of scoring a better score will increase swiftly.
To gain something in life, you will have to make some comprises. So, it is better to focus on your set goals and achieve them rather than regretting not doing so in the future. As a CA student, you’ll need to work hard and smart, also focus on your mental and physical health in order to cope up with the stress that comes along. You need to stay confident and maintain your focus on the important aspects to achieve all your goals.