CA Inter Exam Registration May 2023: Process, Fees & Last Date
As we know, the ICAI CA Inter Registration is now open for the examinations in May 2023.
Although registration is available throughout the year, students must submit the form by the deadlines. The registration deadline for CA Inter May 2023 is Sept 1, 2022.
The registration form for CA Inter is valid for up to four years. CA Intermediate registration fees are Rs. 18000 for both groups and Rs. 13000 for a single group.
Those who have passed CA Foundation are qualified to enrol in CA Inter.
To enrol in CA Inter online, visit the SSP site and enter your registration id and password.
The next steps are to choose the appropriate student year, fill out the registration form, get the necessary papers certified, and pay the fees. All fees need to be paid through the website (online).
In this article, you will learn about the ICAI CA Inter Registration for May 2023 attempt, including:
- Qualifying requirements
- Final date, Procedure
- Needed papers
- Fees, registration form, and how to check the registration status.
ICAI CA Intermediate Exam Pattern 2023?
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper-based|
|Type of question||Objective cum subjective|
|Exam Duration||3 hours per paper|
|Medium of Exam||English/ Hindi|
|Number of Papers||Eight|
|Number of Marks||100 per paper|
ICAI CA Intermediate Marking Scheme 2023?
Check the marking scheme and subject-wise marks distribution of each CA Inter paper in the following table.
|Paper 1: Accounting||100|
Paper 2: Corporate and Other Law
Part 1: Company Laws
Part 2: Other Laws
|Paper 3 Cost and Management Accounting||100|
Paper 4: Taxation
Part A: Income Tax Law
Part B: Indirect Tax Laws
|Paper 5: Advanced Accounting||100|
|Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance||100|
Paper 7: Enterprise Information System and Strategic Management
Part A: Enterprise Information System
Part B: Strategic Management
Paper 8: Financial Management and Economics for Finance
Part A: Financial Management
Part B: Economics for Finance
In CA Inter, there are 4 papers that have practical or MCQ-based questions.
These papers are
- Corporate Law and Other Laws (Paper-2)
- Taxation (Paper-4)
- Auditing and Assurance (Paper-6)
- Enterprise Information System and Strategic Management (Paper-7)
In these 4 papers, there will be 30 marks MCQ-based questions.
ICAI CA Intermediate Marking Pattern 2023?
|Paper||Comprehension & Knowledge||Application|
|Paper 1: Accounting||5%-15%||85%-95%|
|Paper 2 Part 1: Corporate Laws||40%-55%||45%-60%|
|Paper 2 Part 2: Other Laws||35%-55%||45%-65%|
|Paper 3 Cost and Management Accounting||20%-30%||70%-80%|
|Paper 4A: Taxation- Income Tax Law||5%-20%||80%-95%|
|Paper 4B: Taxation- Indirect Tax Laws||20%-45%||55%-80%|
|Paper 5: Advanced Accounting||30%-55%||45%-70%|
|Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance||5%-15%||85%-95%|
|Paper 7A: Enterprise Information System||30%-55%||45%-70%|
|Paper 7B: Strategic Management||50%-70%||30%-50%|
|Paper 8A: Financial Management||20%-30%||70%-80%|
|Paper 8B: Economics for Finance||60%-80%||20%-40%|
CA Intermediate Exam May 2023: Registration Eligibility
There are two ways to register for the CA Intermediate Course:
- CA Foundation Route – To be eligible for CA Intermediate registration through the foundation route, you must first complete the CA Foundation course.
- CA Direct Entry Route –Graduated or postgraduate students with the required percentage may enroll for the CA Intermediate exam without first taking the CA Foundation exam.
For more information, visit here: Ca Direct Entry Program
CA Inter Exam May 2023: Registration Fees
|Fee Details||Both Groups (Rs)||Single Group (Rs)|
|Students Activity Fee||2000||2000*|
|Registration Fee as article assistant||1000|
CA Intermediate Exam: Registration Process May 2023
To register for the CA Inter Course online through the SSP portal, follow these steps:
- Go to the SSP portal on the ICAIs official website.
- Please enter your previous registration id and password.
- Choose "Student Cycle"
- Now CA foundation route students click on “Intermediate through Foundation”. However, in the direct entry route students click on Intermediate through Direct entry.
- Following that, direct admission route students must fill out their personal information. However, the CA Foundation students personal information will be filled in automatically. Verify the information and then click "Save and Next."
- Next, students need to enter Qualification details.
- Then Upload all the required documents, provide the details and click on “Save and Next”.
- Next, Upload your Photo/ Signature. The image must be of size up to 100KB.
- Next, Click on Generate OTP. You will receive the OTP on your registered number, or the ICAI will send a verification link to your email id.
- Now fill out the received OTP & the Captcha code and click on the Submit button.
- At Last, pay the CA Inter exam registration fees.
- And the submitted application will be verified by ICAI and thereafter authorized accordingly.
As soon as the transaction is complete, a CA Intermediate registration form will be generated and sent to the students.
Students are required to save the form and collect its printout. Furthermore, complete the form, including your signature, and return it to the appropriate regional office within 7 days of receiving the required documentation.
CA Inter Registration May 2023: Important Documents
Students must submit relevant documentation while filing the registration form for CA Inter exams.
The list of required documents are:
Scanned self-attested copies of:
- Class 10th exams mark sheet. Note: If DOB is not mentioned in the mark sheet, then additionally Pass Certificate should also be uploaded.
- Class 12th mark sheet (if passed Class 12th exams). Note: If DOB is not mentioned in the mark sheet, then additionally Pass Certificate should also be uploaded.
- For CA Direct Entry route students: Graduation/ post-graduation certificates or the Intermediate exam mark sheet issued by ICSI or ICMAI, as the case may be.
- Proof of Special Category Certificate (For SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled).
- Proof of Nationality (if the candidate is a foreigner).
- Recent passport-size color photograph.
- Specimen signature.
Note: CA Inter Students must keep these documents scanned copies ready before filling out the registration form.
How to Check the CA Inter May 2023 Registration Status?
Students typically get concerned if their CA Intermediate registration is complete after it has been finished.
Follow these easy steps to verify the status of your CA Inter registration:
- Go to the ICAI website (www.icai.org).
- Click on the E-services option.
- Find the “Reprint Letter”. Click on it.
- Enter the essential information, and it will create a letter indicating your registration status.
- This process takes 30 – 40 days to get updated. So, you have to visit the site regularly.
- However, if the aforementioned time period has passed and your registration status has not been changed, you should visit your concerned regional office on any working day.
For how long does CA Inter Exam Registration remain valid?
The CA Exam registration at all levels remains valid for a specific period, during which the CA student needs to complete his/her required training as well as clear his exams.
Validity period (years)
After the registration period expires, candidates must revalidate their CA registration. The fees for revalidation are different for each level.
For CA Intermediate Candidates:
Validity of registration period
Maximum number of attempts
8 times (two in a year)
|Details||Validity For Registration||Revalidation Fees After 1st July 2017 (for each revalidation)|
|CA Foundation registration|
|CA Intermediate registration|
|CA Final registration|
Thus, if you have any form of a question about the CA Inter May 2023, please visit: ICAI CA Inter FAQ Answered
Some FAQs Answered by ICAI
1) FAQs for Assessment during Practical Training - Click Here
2) FAQs in respect of the Revised Scheme of Education and Training - Click Here
3) FAQs - BoS - Click Here
4) FAQs for Exemption of CA Course Fee for students who have lost any parent during the Covid-19 Pandemic (1.4.2020 to 31.3.2023) - Click Here
What after CA Inter Exam Registration May 2023?
After 8 months after CA Intermediate registration, the exams will be conducted.
Previously, it was 9 months, however, the main examination division changed the examination format.
You must also complete the CA Intermediate exam form. You will get the CA Inter admit card after submitting the exam application.
As there are 8 subjects on the CA Intermediate exam, it will be difficult for you to succeed.
Complete the curriculum on time and answer CA Intermediate papers, such as previous years papers and test papers. As the result, you may acquire an excellent CA Inter result in this way
Thus, we hope this article has cleared your all questions related to Ca inter May 2023 registration!
Stay tuned for daily CA Exams 2023 updates!
Effective and Practical tips to Clear CA Inter in 1st Attempt - CA Test Series